Why study with us
- DPIR receives the highest rankings for Politics in UK and international university guide subject league tables and is top-ranked in national research and teaching assessments.
- Oxford is consistently ranked among the top two UK universities and is in the highest tier for Social Science subjects internationally. More information
- DPIR is distinctive for the intellectual breadth and pluralism that characterises a large faculty of first-rate academics.
- Oxford is renowned for the quality and diversity of its research and offers lively academic debate in an international environment. More information
- We encourage an interdisciplinary perspective and a plurality of research methods, striving our utmost to enable students to follow their own interests while giving them an excellent grounding in their chosen discipline and an advanced understanding of the tools available to them as they pursue their own interests.
- The University of Oxford is distinctive in using a wide range of methods to deliver teaching, with a focus on individual and small-group tuition. Our programmes complement tutorials with class and seminar provision in order to diversify and maintain teaching excellence and to provide students with a variety of learning experiences. More information
- Our graduate programmes attract the highest quality students from around the world and our courses are always over-subscribed.
- Oxford is the oldest university in the English-speaking world. It combines the best of history with contemporary thinking, offering outstanding facilities, such as the Bodleian Library and all the benefits of college life.
- Oxford’s vantage point and distinctly global outlook attracts a plethora of internationally renowned visitors, including presidents and prime ministers, academics, policy makers and commentators, who come to Oxford to talk about hotly debated issues of the day. During your time at Oxford, you will have a unique opportunity to create and maintain a network of worldwide links that is vital in building a successful career.
- Our alumni progress to successful careers in many walks of life, including further graduate work and academia, policy-making, journalism, business, or the non-profit sector.
What our Students say about DPIR.