Dr Elizabeth Hodges
Elizabeth is the research facilitator for DPIR. Before working for DPIR, Elizabeth was seconded from the research support team at the Law Faculty to work as Research Impact Facilitator for Division, supporting the impact case studies for the REF. Her secondment included working on impact case studies for DPIR but also for the Blavatnik School of Government, the Oxford Internet Institute (OII), and the Law Faculty. Prior to her time at the University, Elizabeth worked in London for five years as a speech-writer and researcher in the House of Lords and as a project manager for the Crossbench Peer Lord Mawson’s social enterprise company Andrew Mawson Partnerships, which facilitates collaboration between government, corporations and the public sector.
Elizabeth leads the research support team who provide academic staff with help and advice to:
- identify appropriate funding opportunities
- develop and strengthen research funding applications
- develop and monitor impact activities
- develop appropriate research plans for ethical reviewoversee post-award related queries such as submission of award extensions and funder reports
- oversee the Department’s Research Excellence Framework (REF) return