Frequently Asked Questions
When will I know whether my application has been accepted?
Applications close at midday (12:00 GMT) on Monday 1 March 2021 and we expect to be able to communicate admission decisions by mid March.
I have received an email accepting me on the course. What will happen if I do not reply to this?
If you are offered a place on the course, you will have two weeks to confirm your place by paying the course fee. If we do not receive payment, we will offer your place to someone on the waitlist.
I have received an email notifying me that I am on the waitlist for a place. What happens now?
The course is very popular and places are limited, so we often operate a waitlist in case any of our participants do not confirm their place. All instructions on how to proceed will be in the email you have received.
I need to withdraw my application or cancel my place – how can I do this?
- If applications are still open, please contact us to withdraw your application.
- If you have been accepted onto the course but have not confirmed your place by paying the course fee, please contact us as soon as possible so we can offer your place to someone on our waitlist.
- If you have already confirmed your place and we have received payment for your course fee, unfortunately we cannot cancel your place or issue a refund. However, please contact us so that we know not to expect you.
Payment and Funding
How can I pay for the course / accommodation?
- If your application is successful, you will be sent a link to pay the course fee online through the University’s Online Store. You will be sent full instructions by email once you have been accepted on the course.
- We regret that it is not possible to make payment to the Department by bank transfer.
My institution will pay for me – how can I arrange this?
- As soon as you are offered a place on the Spring School course, please contact us promptly to confirm that your institution will arrange payment on your behalf. The preferred method of payment is credit card by your institution, but if this is not possible please contact us to arrange an alternative method. (Please note: the department requires plenty of notice to arrange invoices to ensure payment is received by the payment deadline).
- Please provide the name and address of your institution and also the name and email of the contact person with whom we should correspond to arrange the invoice.
- Important: Please ensure the relevant finance contact(s) at your institution are notified of the payment deadline at least a few weeks in advance.
Is there any funding available to subsidise my course fee?
Due to our revised format of this year’s Spring School we don’t have any bursaries or funding options available.
I need a certificate to prove that I attended the course – will I receive one automatically?
Yes, at the end of the course you will be given a certificate of attendance at the Oxford Spring School. This will be emailed to you at the end of the week.
When will I receive my course material?
All accepted course participants (who have paid their course fee) will be supplied with access to the online course material three weeks before the start of the course. Printed course material will be available when you arrive in Oxford.
Internet and Computer access
What will I need to access the course?
- A good, reliable internet connection from wherever you are joining the Spring School
- The ability to access Microsoft Teams to attend your course and access your course materials
- A microphone/speaker either built in to your laptop, headphones or similar