The Oxford Spring School welcomes committed graduate students and researchers who will benefit from our advanced training in quantitative and qualitative methods. Applications to study on our courses will be evaluated by the Oxford Spring School co-directors.
In order for us to carry out the selection process, please provide the information indicated in the application form:
We expect participants to have a basic knowledge of:
- Maths (Calculus; Linear Algebra; Matrix Algebra)
- Statistics (Descriptive Statistics; OLS)
- Data (Measurement and Data Management)
- Computing (sound knowledge statistical packages such as R, STATA, SPSS , MatLab.) Courses will be taught in R although some instructors will also provide STATA codes. For those without good knowledge of R we will hold a daily walk in clinic during lunchtime so that students can ask questions.
In the event of excess demand for places at the 2018 Oxford Spring School, the following groups will be given some priority:
- Those engaged in social science research, especially in Political Science or Sociology.
Those whose experience and preparation would allow them to benefit most from the course.