Mr Yuan Yi Zhu
Foreign Policy and diplomacy History International law Sovereignty Foreign Policy and Diplomacy Law and International law
I am a DPhil candidate in International Relations at Nuffield College, University of Oxford. My research is concerned with the notion of sovereignty within the context of international law. In particular, I am interested in the influence of non-Western powers such as China on the development of legal understandings of sovereignty.
In addition, I maintain secondary research interests in political history and public law.
Before coming to Oxford, I obtained a BA from McGill University, where I was an Allen Oliver Fellow and Moyse Scholar, and a MPhil from the University of Cambridge, where I was a Bacon scholar.
- Nuffield College-DPIR Studentship in International Relations, University of Oxford (2016)
- Gabrielle Sacconaghi Bacon Scholarship in International Relations, University of Cambridge (2015)
- Moyse Travelling Scholarship, McGill University (2015)
- Allen Oliver Fellowship, McGill University (2015)
- CIFOR-UNIKIS-CISDL Sustainable Landscapes Law and Governance Info Brief Series (co-editor), Lauterpacht Centre for International Law, University of Cambridge (2016)