UNAI Policy Digests on Peace and Conflict Resolution
As part of its work convening the UNAI Principle Hub on Peace and Conflict Resolution the University of Oxford is developing a library of resources for UN peace and security practitioners, such as those working in the UN Department of Political and Peacebuilding Affairs and the Department of Peace Operations.
Each policy digest summarises a peer-reviewed academic paper or book, including key policy findings. Our pilot project launches with eight sample digests, and over time the library will seek to encompass eight themes:
- Climate security, risks and environmental drivers of conflict;
- digital tech and data sources to improve measurement of results in conflict prevention;
- improving UN responses to violence by non-state actors (terrorist groups, criminal gangs, violence against women);
- the future of peacekeeping, including down-sizing and transitioning peace operations;
- new forms of conflict (cyber, automated weapons, and deterioration in nuclear disarmament);
- conflict prevention and peacebuilding, including the development-humanitarian-peace and security nexus;
- insights needed on regional dynamics and regional responses to conflict;
- and the geopolitical context for the UN's peace and security work.