Sciences Po offers two one-month OxPo Visiting Professorships every year. Please check visa requirements (see the OxPo exchange webpage for further links and information).
- The invitation is for one month to be taken during the academic year, i.e: between 1 September and 13 July
- It includes an allowance based on seniority (between €3,300 and €4,100) to cover all expenses associated with the visit (including travel and accommodation)
- Scholars aged 65 years or over cannot be funded by this scheme.
The scheme is open to permanent academics affiliated to the four department members of OxPo (Oxford Centre for European History, Politics and International Relations, Social Policy and Intervention, and Sociology). Applicants should ensure that they have applied for research leave from their department before making an application.
Visiting Professors are hosted by one of the research centres at Sciences Po. The dates are to be agreed with the Sciences Po host research centre and, preferably, in one single period of time. It is recommended to avoid the Sciences Po holidays in December and in April.
OxPo Visiting Professors can/will:
- take an active role in the academic life of the host institution, such as attending and contributing to research and graduate seminars, presenting their research, and developing future collaborations.
- publish Working Papers linked to their stay, which are posted online
- submit a short report of activities within three months of coming back at: firstname.lastname@example.org. These reports include a list of publications and forthcoming publications, seminar contributions, etc. Reports are examined by the Scientific Management Committee and edited versions of the reports can be posted to help future candidates plan their visit.
OxPo Scientific Management Committee’s priorities:
Excellence of the candidate.
Fit between the project and the ability of the scholar to fulfil his/her project in either Oxford or Paris and to benefit from the academic environment to be joined. For instance stay in Oxford because of the resources and the prospect of working with other, identified if possible, scholars rather than a need to spend time exploring resources located in a different city.
Benefit for the OxPo network in building further institutional connections and new collaborations as well as benefit for the individual scholar's research/career.
People who have not taken part in the exchange before have priority, unless there are special circumstances such as the best opportunity to complete a project or the development of a new collaboration or programme.
All applications for an exchange in the academic year 2022-23 must be written in English, submitted by 14 March 2022 and sent as one single Word document to email@example.com.
Applications must include:
one short CV (maximum length: two A4 pages)
one letter of motivation (maximum length: two A4 pages), highlighting:
the research project or purpose of the application to the exchange scheme, i.e. how the exchange will further their research plans and, in the case of academics, future collaborations
the academics you intend to work with in Oxford or in Sciences Po
the Sciences Po Research Centre or the Oxford Department (DPIR, Sociology, SPI, OCEH) you feel you would best fit in
the planned dates of your stay (if you are applying from Oxford to Sciences Po or if you are a Sciences Po academic applying to Nuffield).